Friday, October 21, 2005

The Souper Dress (Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup Paper Dress)

The Souper Dress Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup Paper Dress



So far there have been fourteen people who responded to this picture and most of you want to know where you can get a Souper Dress.

How much are they worth? Does anybody out there want to sell a Souper Dress?

There is one in Ebay right now with a Buy It Now price of $4000. Sounds like a bargain to us.

I see one sold recently in Ebay for $2250. Here is the description:

"This A-line dress is printed with the Campbell's Soup can label design. These dresses were inspired by Andy Warhol and were produced by Campbell's as an advertising campaign when paper dresses were popular in the 1960's. They were a mail-in offer.The label at the back of the neck has "THE SOUPER DRESS No cleaning-no washing It's carefree fire resistant unless washed or cleaned To refreshen, press lightly with warm iron 80% cellulose, 20% cotton". It has never been worn. It was unfolded to photograph. There is some slight yellow aging from vintage condition. There are no tears or rips that I can find. It has been packaged ever since I got it in 1968.

In March of 2007 a dress like this sold through Phillips de Pury for $19,000.00 and I have seen several sell on Ebay for over $3,000.00

Buyer pays $4.60 for shipping and I would suggest insurance which the price varies depending on the selling price. I prefer to be paid with cashiers check.

On Sep-17-07 at 12:00:42 PDT, seller added the following information:

I have added pictures to show the yellowing. The worst is on the back of the left shoulder and carries over to the front. There is also some on that back of the skirt."





Labels: , , ,

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Souper dress, do not know what to do with it, any sugestions?

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sell it on Ebay or donate it to a museum, I'd rather sell it on Ebay myself :)

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever decide what to do with your dress? I'm interested! Hope you'll post back!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow thats the coolest dress ever! I want it! As a Campbell myself, I feel quite proud lol. Good job!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to purchase one also, but can not find any on Ebay. How much and where can I find one?

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dress is worth $5000. Honest. You can hang onto it or get your money.

10:15 AM  
Blogger kmk said...

I have a campbells soup paper dress that I would like to sell. It is in mint condition. Besides e-bay does any one know where to sell it.

2:36 PM  
Blogger cwolves said...

I have a Andy Warhol Souper dress in museum quality. It comes with all paper work and in original manila envelope. It has no bleeding, tears, it's perfect as it's never been removed from the bag or worn. Has only been touched with plastic gloves on. Don't want to sell it on ebay, any suggestions or anyone here looking for one in prestine condition?

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best place to sell Warhol is here http://www.behmgalleriesla.com . I sold a Warhol through them and they were very honest and got me a great price.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a Souper Dress in great condition. contact me at rosebud_jenny@yahoo.com

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Contact me if you have a Souper Dress. http://souperdress.blogspot.com/

11:12 PM  
Blogger Howard Rosenfeld said...

I am a new Warhol fan and would love to buy a souper dress in collectible condition. If anyone has one they can contact me at hrosenfeld@mac.com. Thanks

11:41 AM  
Blogger peter gidal said...

to cwolves and kmk: i collect warholiana and would love to buy the pristine in original envelope souperdress or any others in great condition....just let me know price please....thanks....pg

5:48 PM  
Blogger peter gidal said...

would like to buy a suoperdress...indexbooks@btinternet.com

4:04 AM  
Blogger Jengel199 said...

I would like to buy a Souper Dress. I am Mister Paper and this is my blog.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a souper dress on ebay as we speak

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holly is really hot.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fact. i am older, i am wiser. dont mess with me.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Campbell soup dress in great condition and am willing to sell it. qw7j6r@yahoo.com

1:52 PM  
Blogger trowe1 said...

i have a souper dress.email thomas.rowe1@yahoo.com if interested.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous tylereve said...

PAPER DRESSES
at www.lesleyhaas.com

Raw Suffering of a Woman 2005
Befitting a Virtuous Woman 2002

I made both and they will travel to Visual Special Arts for the Revealing Culture exhibition at the Smithsonian June 8-August 2010

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Souper dress! It has a tear under around the armpit but is fixable on the right side.

If interested email me at Jenny-Messer@hotmail.com

4:29 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I have a super dress. It's here on my etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/503526261/vtg-60s-rare-andy-warhol-campbells-soup?ref=shop_home_active_1

4:17 PM  
Blogger Dakota said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have 3 Souper dresses for sale. Anyone interested?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home